Other infections or conditions that can lead to the development of an anal fistula include:-
- Cancer of the rectum:- The rectum is an area at the end of the colon where faeces are stored..
- Tuberculosis (TB):- A bacterial infection that mainly affects the lungs, but can also spread to many different parts of the body.
- HIV and AIDS:- A virus that attacks the body's immune system (its defence against disease and infection)
- Syphilis :- A bacterial infection that is passed on through sexual contact, injecting drugs or blood transfusions.
- Chlamydia:- A sexually transmitted infection that often causes no symptoms.